Mac OS X: Level 3 – File Management Class Description
This class is essential, and everyone should take it so that they’re using their computer effectively and efficiently! We’ll show you how to save files of all types in the right place every time.
If your Desktop is covered with icons or your Documents folder is one long list of mysterious file names, we’ll clean up your computer, and create a Finder filing system that makes sense. Last but not least, we’ll show you 5 ways to find your files quickly and easily.
Beginner through Advanced
Owning a Mac computer running OSX 10.9 or higher.
Who should take this class?
- Macintosh users who want to stay organized, and be able to find important documents quickly.
What You’ll Learn
- Finder views: Icon, List, Column, and Cover Flow
- All My Files
- Creating folders and subfolders
- Moving files between folders
- Renaming files
- Saving files to your Documents folder
- Save as… vs. Duplicate
- Revert to older copies of a file
- Making subfolders on the fly
- 5 easy ways to find files
About Your Instructor
Jamie Pollock is a member of the Apple Consultants Network and an Apple Certified Support Professional. With an ability to explain complex topics in simple terms, combined with a healthy sense of humor, he has taught hundreds of people how to use Apple products to improve their quality of life.