Internet Security Basics Class Description:
Stay safe while using your Apple devices. Malware and fake support pop-ups & emails have become a regular part of using a computer and the Internet these days. In this class for the home user, we will have a frank discussion about security concerns and how to protect yourself from modern day threats.
Beginner through Intermediate
Who should take this class?
Everyone who surfs the web for information or entertainment.
What will you need?
A Macintosh computer (optional)
What You’ll Learn:
- The difference between viruses and malware
- How to recognize fake emails
- How to recognize fake support websites
- Which security threats are real, and which are hype
- How to create secure passwords
- How to keep track of your passwords securely
- What to do if you receive an email you’re not sure about
About Your Instructor:
Jamie Pollock is an iPhone and iPad expert. A member of the Apple Consultants Network, he has taught hundreds of people how to use Apple technology to improve their quality of life.