- This event has passed.
Introduction to QBO (QuickBooks Online)
November 14 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm PST$199.00
Intro to QBO Class Description:
Description:Learn QuickBooks Online! In this 6-hour class, we will look at all the features you need to run your business, from invoicing customers to paying your bills. You will get a free copy of Alicia’s book. 1-hr lunch.
The class will be recorded and saved in “My Class Recordings” for you to review at your convenience!
Beginner through Intermediate
6 hours. We will take an hour for lunch.
No prerequisite knowledge needed.
Who should take this class?
- Business owners and employees who maintain their company’s financial records
- Students and job-seekers will boost their employment marketability
- Entrepreneurs and new business owners who are just getting started, and want to make sure they have solid business knowledge so that they can succeed
- Seasoned users looking to glean essential nuggets of information to make using QuickBooks easier and faster than before
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills.
What should you bring?
We will provide you with a free QuickBooks manual where you can take notes.
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of good record keeping
- When do you need a bookkeeper and when can you do it yourself?
- Common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make
- Setting up QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Preferences
- Creating your Items list
- Working with Customers (Accounts Receivable): Estimates, Invoices, Sales Receipts, Payments
- Working with Vendors (Accounts Payable): Bills, Payments, Expenses, Checks
- Bank feeds
Attend in Person, via Virtual Class, or Watch Later:
If you are planning to attend our class in person, choose “Live” from the dropdown menu. This class will be taught at the Portland English Language Academy. Scroll down for directions!
If you live outside the Portland/Vancouver area, or if you don’t want to make the drive, you can attend and participate in our classes via Virtual Class. When you register, choose “Virtual Class” as your ticket type. We’ll email you an access code and instructions for how to connect. Please log in 10 minutes before the start time to connect your audio and video.
Our Virtual Classes are just as if you are physically in the classroom with us. This is not just a watch-and-listen webinar: it’s an interactive classroom experience! You can talk and be seen. You can virtually raise your hand when you have questions. It’s truly just like a real class. A recording of the Virtual Class will be available to you in two weeks at https://royalwise.com/my-classes/.
Please note that by participating in our Virtual Classes you are granting your consent to be seen and heard by the public, since anyone can purchase these class recordings from our website. If you do not consent, we can can make you a listen-only attendee – just let us know!
If you are unable to attend on this time & date, select the “Watch Later” option. After class is done, we’ll send you access information so that you can watch the content at your convenience. You are welcome to call us with your individual questions for a free 10-minute Q&A session.
Directions to PELA (Portland English Language Academy):
The Portland English Language Academy (PELA) is located on the 3rd floor in the Lloyd Center, past the Food Court in the northwest corner. Guests can look for the Portland English Language Academy on any of the Lloyd Center directories.
Parking is free. Enter the parking garage at NE 10th and Halsey St. Turn right and go up the spiral ramp in the corner of the parking garage all the way to the top roof deck (Floor 3). Park in DD or EE, and enter the Lloyd Center through the doors with burgundy tiles. PELA is located just inside on the right.
Look for signs to Royalwise’s Classroom!
Guests can call 503-226-1656 to reach the PELA office, or call Jamie at 503-504-6392.
Take our classes in 3 different ways:
- Live in person. Bring your own computer for hands-on learning.
- Virtual Class. Attend from home or the office in an interactive classroom experience! You can even raise your hand when you have questions.
- Watch later. All our classes are recorded, and this option allows you forever access…plus a 10-minute phone call to ask questions.
Click here to download our entire Course Guide. Don’t see the class you want on the schedule? Jamie and Alicia are also available for individual instruction and support. Contact us at 503-406-6550 or fill in this form and we’ll be happy to help.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive our monthly computer class schedule in your inbox.
All classes are eligible for CPE credit!