Intro to QBO Class Description:
If you run a business, keeping good financial records is crucial to your business decisions and your tax returns! Learn how to manage your company by using QuickBooks Online, the web-based version.
We will take an hour off for lunch.
The class will be recorded and saved in “My Class Recordings” for you to review at your convenience!
Beginner through Intermediate
4 hours. We will take an hour off for lunch.
4 CPE, Certificate of Completion
No prerequisite knowledge needed.
Who should take this class?
- Business owners and employees who maintain their company’s financial records
- Students and job-seekers will boost their employment marketability
- Entrepreneurs and new business owners who are just getting started, and want to make sure they have solid business knowledge so that they can succeed
- Seasoned users looking to glean essential nuggets of information to make using QuickBooks easier and faster than before
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills.
What should you bring?
We will provide you with a free QuickBooks manual where you can take notes.
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of good record keeping
- When do you need a bookkeeper and when can you do it yourself?
- Common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make
- Setting up QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Preferences
- Creating your Items list
- Working with Customers (Accounts Receivable): Estimates, Invoices, Sales Receipts, Payments
- Working with Vendors (Accounts Payable): Bills, Payments, Expenses, Checks
- Bank feeds
Attend in Person, via Webinar, or Watch Later
If you are planning to attend our class in person, choose “Live @ CityMac”.
If you live outside the Portland/Vancouver area, or if you don’t want to make the drive, you can attend and participate in our classes via webinar. When you register, choose “Online via Webinar” as your ticket type. We’ll email you an access code and instructions for how to connect.