Learn Microsoft Word in 3 Hours Flat Class Description
You know how to create a document in Microsoft Word, but it can be frustrating to make it look like you want it to! We’ll enter text, format fonts, lay out pages, work with images, create tables, apply styles, and answer your questions. This class includes all our popular “Word Candy” secret tips and tricks!
The class will be recorded and saved in “My Class Recordings” for you to review at your convenience!
Beginner to Intermediate
- No prerequisite knowledge needed.
- Techniques work similarly in Word 2007, 2010, and 2013 for PC. The screen appearance may look a little different, but the tools function the same way.
- Word for Mac users will find that all the same tools are there, but they may be located in slightly different places on the toolbar.
- It doesn’t matter what version of the PC or Mac operating system you’re using.
- Bring your laptop to class, or you can watch our demonstration.
Who should take this class?
This class is necessary training for business owners and employees looking to become more efficient at Microsoft Word, and students and job-seekers looking to boost their employment marketability.
It’s designed for beginners who want to start from scratch, as well as more advanced students looking to fill in gaps in their knowledge. Since we specialize in what you “don’t know that you don’t know,” even seasoned users are guaranteed to glean essential nuggets of information to make using Word more efficient than before.
What You’ll Learn
- How to enter text
- How to format fonts
- How to lay out pages
- How to work with images
- How to create tables
- How to apply styles
- Plus, you’ll learn valuable Microsoft Word tips and tricks to shave time off your daily tasks.
About Your Instructor
Alicia Katz Pollock is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Office Specialist, Master Level, and Certified Application Specialist in Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Attend in Person or Online via Webinar
If you are planning to attend our class in person, choose Live @ CityMac
If you live outside the Portland, OR area you can still attend and participate in our classes via webinar. When you register, choose “Online via Webinar” as your ticket type. We’ll email you an access code and instructions for how to connect.
If you are unable to attend on these dates, select the “Watch Later” option. After each class is done, we’ll send you access information so that you can watch the content at your convenience. You are welcome to call us with your individual questions for a free 10-minute Q&A session.