Dropbox Class Description:
DropBox is an Internet service that gives you offsite cloud document storage. Use it as a backup, to access files from multiple computers, or to share files with your colleagues. Come to this class to set up your account, and find out everything it can do.
The class will be recorded and saved in “My Class Recordings” for you to review at your convenience!
Beginner through Intermediate.
A DropBox account, although this can be set up in class.
Who should take this class?
- People who collaborate with others
- People who need to transfer large files to other people
- People looking for offsite backup
What You’ll Learn
- Creating a DropBox account
- Installing DropBox software on your computer
- Seeing DropBox files on your computer
- Accessing DropBox through a browser
- Uploading files
- Sharing files with other people
- Understanding Read-only vs. Editing access
- Syncing DropBox to your computer for offline access
- Using DropBox on a smartphone
About Your Instructor
Alicia Katz Pollock has a Master of Arts in Teaching and is a member of the Apple Consultants Network. She teaches QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and Apple classes both online and in the Portland, OR.
Attend in Person or Online via Webinar
If you are planning to attend our class in person, choose Live @ CityMac.
If you live outside the Portland, OR area you can still attend and participate in our classes via webinar. When you register, choose “Online via Webinar” as your ticket type. We’ll email you an access code and instructions for how to connect.
If you are unable to attend on this date, select the “Watch Later” option. After the class is done, we’ll send you access information so that you can watch the content at your convenience. You are welcome to call us with your individual questions for a free 10-minute Q&A session.